Traffic Planner, 4 on 4 off Shift Pattern - Longtown CA6 5LY
4 on 4 off Shift Pattern
4 on / 4 off Traffic Planner
To efficiently schedule daily planning activity, ensuring the most efficient use of vehicles and drivers whilst taking account of the relevant legislation. All related information must be accurately recorded onto company and other IT systems.
Drivers, Subcontractors, Customer
Managers, colleagues and customers
• Responsible for ensuring efficient utilisation of vehicles, drivers and other resources while taking account of WTR and Drivers Hours Rules, vehicle weights and dimension and the Road Traffic Act
• Ensure agreed schedules are met and data recorded
• Promote Wm. Armstrong in line with current company values, beliefs and branding
• Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of Wm. Armstrong haulage operation and procedures
• Develop a knowledge of our customers locations, profile and product knowledge
• Communication Skills
• Customer Care
• Information Technology Skills
• Working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
• Effective management and planning of work from vehicles, drivers, collections and deliveries ensuring as efficient as possible taking into account customer requirements
• Liaise with Customer Service/Admin to ensure that customers are notified (and charges reflect) of any changes to collections / deliveries
• Brief own drivers and Subcontractor drivers of loading detail
• Maximise vehicle utilisation and profit margin on Core Fleet and Subcontractors
• Ensure paperwork and KPI information is kept up to date.
• Liaise with customers and drivers, keeping a detailed record of actions
• Ensure vehicle service plan is followed and vehicles are made available
• Manage driver holiday plan and ensure cover is booked
• To promote best practice in maintaining high levels of Customer Service
• You must comply with all health and safety rules and regulations regarding the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
• Report any health and safety issue including accidents to self.
• Follow all site rules
• You must comply with all relevant legislation
• Undertake such other duties that are required from time to time commensurate with this position.
Call 01228 791242 for more information.
or Email: email@example.com
For postal applications send to:
Wm Armstrong Ltd,
*Subject to Terms & Conditions