Class 1 General Haulage Dayshift Driver - Longtown
What the position involves:
· Delivery & collection of products on behalf of Wm Armstrong Group and its customers and inter depot trunking.
· Loading/Unloading and securing load.
· Dealing with customers face to face.
· Keeping in regular contact with transport office team for updates on progress and managing customer’s expectations.
· Will include cover work in other areas as required.
· Attending training sessions.
Salary / Shifts
Monday to Friday: Day-shift hourly rate: £12.89ph. Nightshift hourly rate (between 6pm-6am): £14.22ph Occasional weekend work at enhanced rate.
*All Hourly rates include £1.00 meal allowance
*Plus, driver bonus.
• Must hold a valid UK Class 1 licence.
• Hold a current DCPC Card and Digital Tachograph Driver Card.
• Confident, polite and a team player.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good geographical knowledge.
· Experience preferred but training available for the right candidate.
Why be part of the Wm Armstrong Family Team
· Driver Efficiency Bonus £1200 pa*
· Guaranteed basic hours
· Free DCPC training while in employment*
· Free Company Uniform
· Life Assurance, Pension & Sickness Scheme*
· Medical reimbursement*
· Referral Scheme
· Safe Working Environment
· Strong culture of teamwork
*Subject to Terms & Conditions
Call Craig Hislop on 01228 791242 for more information.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the online application form at Wm Armstrong Group Careers. You can if you wish send your CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for postal applications, post to: HR Department, Wm Armstrong Ltd, Townfoot, Longtown, CA6 5LY