Van Sales Executive – Cumbria Truck Centre, Longtown CA6 5LY
Head Office Longtown
Working with the Business Development Manager
Purpose Working with the BDM, the sales executive is responsible for developing new revenue opportunities together with methods and processes to increase business profitability and customer experience; whilst promoting the company’s values, beliefs and branding.
• Product knowledge
• Networking Skills/knowledge
• Communication Skills
• Customer Care
• Information Technology Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• To achieve agreed targets.
• To promote best practice in maintaining high levels of customer service.
• Review and develop current and new customers and revenue opportunities.
• Maintain effective consultation and information with other departments.
• To promote best practice in meeting the requirements of Health and Safety Legislation and comply with other relevant statutory legislation.
• Work in co-operation with other Cumbria Truck Centre departments to develop joint approaches to customer’s requirements.
• Deal with customer complaints quickly and effectively, in line with WA Complaints Procedure.
• Development of new and existing customers.
• Regular communication with other departments both formal and informal
• Undertake such other duties that are required from time to time and are commensurate with this position.
• To carry out customer service visits when required.
Person Specification Criteria
Education and Qualifications
Learning experience and a significant period of practical experience relevant to the duties of the post.
Experience, knowledge and understanding
• Motor Trade experience
• Previous experience in a sales environment.
• Knowledge of the principles of good customer care
• Knowledge of the type of customer who would use the product
• Knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements.
• Numerical and analytical skills, including experience of spreadsheets and computer based systems
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
• Ability to work under pressure, both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to ensure that targets are met both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to negotiate effectively and to secure co-operation from external and internal partners.
• Ability to negotiate effectively
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook
Personal qualities and commitments
• Driving Licence
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Demonstrates commitment to Wm Armstrong Group values and beliefs
• Dedicated to the group team working environment
Other factors • Flexible approach to work demands, including some evening and weekend work.
Place of Work
• Longtown and other locations as required.
• Depending on knowledge, qualities and experience